By Rosalyn Binday
Whether it is a talking lizard or a perky saleswoman, we are all bombarded with ads for car insurance on a daily basis. But when was the last time you sat down and reviewed what your car insurance covers?
Many people wait until it is too late. They are involved in an accident and suddenly face high deductibles, charges for towing and medical bills.
Advocate Brokerage can help you save money on car insurance as well as getting you the best coverage.
A few items can make the difference between a headache and peace of mind when it comes to selecting the right car insurance. ACE Platinum Portfolio is one carrier that stands out in providing comprehensive car insurance.
When you look for car insurance, take the following into consideration:
- “Agreed value” coverage enables you to lock in the value of your vehicle and avoid depreciation if it becomes a total loss.
- Also consider “replacement cost” optional coverage, which will replace your vehicle if it is totaled with a comparable new one from the current model year.
- Look for comprehensive coverage that automatically provides road service, rental reimbursement with no per-day maximum and even two days of overnight expenses if you’re stranded far from home.
- Have a favorite repair shop? Don’t be forced into using another shop or accepting the price set by a shop that happens to be a part of an insurance company’s network. Go to those you trust.
- Make sure that broken or chipped windows, airbags that accidentally deploy or locks that need to be changed are completely covered and not applied to a deductible.
- Confused about what is covered when you rent a car? Protect yourself with a policy that includes coverage for borrowed or rented vehicles.
- Rapid response from your carrier is essential if you are involved in a car accident. Use a company that sends an expert to visit you within one business day to assess the damage, with payment issued for covered damage within three business days.
Many people make the mistake of simply ignoring what their car insurance policy covers because they have a good driving record. But this doesn’t protect you from an out of control teenage driver or worse, someone driving while intoxicated. So make sure that you have the best coverage available at a price you can afford.
Remember that you are personally liable for whatever is not covered under your car insurance policy. This could run into thousands of dollars, even if the accident is not your fault.
At Advocate, we are here to look out for your best interests. We will find you the coverage you need. Remember – good insurance is peace of mind, which is priceless.