You have given all you can to turn your dream wedding into a reality.
But what happens when the day isn’t turning out like you envisioned?
What if events beyond your control threaten to interfere with your special day?
Consider wedding insurance to provide extra protection and peace of mind.
With June a few days away, we thought it was a good time to discuss wedding insurance (the year’s most popular month to tie the knot, 17% of weddings occur in June). Wedding insurance can help you prepare for the big day with less stress knowing you’ll have the ability to recoup costs or cover extras if the unexpected comes your way. For the curious, below is a list of things wedding insurance will, can and cannot cover.
Wedding Insurance Will:
- Provide a refund if a natural disaster destroys your wedding venue.
- Help you recover deposits if an immediate family member or key member of the wedding party is seriously injured days before the ceremony.
- If a vendor goes out of business leaving you without a cake or a dress or a limo on your big day, wedding insurance can help so that your deposits are not lost and may even make up the difference if finding a last minute replacement increases the cost.
Wedding Insurance Can:
- Provide coverage if your wedding dress becomes damaged.
- Help if your luggage is lost on the way to your destination wedding.
- Recoup the costs if wedding gifts are stolen.
- Provide liability coverage if the bride, groom or a guest gets injured while attending the wedding.
Wedding Insurance Cannot:
- Offer you any recovery of funds if the bride or groom gets cold feet.
- Allow you to have a complete Wedding Redo if the photographer’s equipment does not work leaving you without pictures of the big day.
Be aware, some coverage can overlap.
Certain venues, photographers and videographers sometimes offer policies of their own. Additionally some credit cards offer their different types of protection. You will need to be a savvy shopper if you don’t want to double up on coverage.
We’re here for you.
Luckily you don’t have to worry, as your Advocate, we can help you find the specialty coverage that is the right fit for your big day, providing just the right amount of coverage with no overlaps and little gaps. We’ll help you protect your investment and make your dream wedding one of the best days of your life!