Insure.com just released their list of the 2015 model cars that are the LEAST EXPENSIVE cars to insure, and the common thread? They are family friendly. There is one two-seater, but aside from that the list is made up of 5 SUVs (2 regular, 3 compact), 2 Mini-Vans and 1 Wagon.
Why they are inexpensive to insure
The article (which you can find here http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/insurance-rates-by-car.html) lists a few factors that helped these vehicles make the annual list, they are:
- They tend to have fewer claims against them. One reason is that they are popular with parents who do most of their driving with kids in tow. People tend to drive more conservatively when they are with their children. You don’t usually see two moms drag racing on their way to soccer practice.
- They have more safety features. Again, people tend to place safety as a top concern when purchasing the car that is going to deliver the family to their various activities.
- The cars all tend to accumulate lower mileage. They are vehicles that are more likely to be driven around town to do errands than utilized for a long commute or road trip.
- They are easier to repair. The cars listed below are all models (3 are Jeep, 2 are Honda, 2 are Ford, 1 Dodge & 1 Subaru) where parts are readily available and repairs are easier.
- They all have a relatively low base price point. Each car on the list has a base price point of under $30,000 and 2 are under $20,000.
In the market for a brand new 2015 car? Start your search here:
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD|
|Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD|
|Honda CR-V-LX 4WD|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus 2WD|
|Honda Odyssey LX|
|Jeep Compass Sport 2WD|
|Subaru Outback 2.5i AWD|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD|
|Smart FORTWO Pure 2WD|
|Ford Escape S 2WD|
One of these things is not like the other
The one different car on the list is the Subcompact Smart FORTWO Pure 2WD. This two-seater has a very low base price point ($13,270) which is one reason that put it in contention for this list.
At Advocate, we want to help you save money on your automotive insurance. If you are purchasing a new vehicle, contact us right away so that we can make sure to adjust your coverage so that you and your family remain fully protected.
Advocate Brokerage does not necessarily recommend any of these cars; nor do we recommend or endorse the safety of one car over the other, but we do hope you find the information in this blog both informative and interesting.