Is It Time For A Little Business Spring Cleaning?
Spring cleaning may be something that brings to mind images of getting your home in tip-top shape, but since it also coincides with the end of the first quarter, it is also a great time for businesses to take a look at how they are doing and make any necessary adjustments.
Below are a few things for you to consider. Is it time for you to do a little spring cleaning for your business?
Thoughts For Business Owners:
- Perform an audit on your operational procedures and systems. Do you have all the team members you need in place to keep your business running optimally? Is your email system running efficiently? Is your technology up to date? Now is a great time to evaluate your operational systems and put plans in place to make any necessary adjustments.
- Take a closer look at your books to make sure you are not overpaying for services you no longer need. Subscriptions is one area that businesses are often on automatic pilot, renewing them year after year, past the point that they are being utilized.
- Review your website and social media channels for any out-of-date information. Locations, hours of business and key employees are items that may have changed over the last year and could need updating on your website and social media platforms.
- Make sure you are doing all you can to protect your company from a cyber-attack. Hire an IT firm if you don’t already have one in place, create a plan so that you don’t panic in the event of a breach in your cyber security, and make sure you are properly backing up your data. If you want more in-depth information on how to prevent a cyber-attack, you can head to our latest blog on the subject.
- Check in with your team. Have a staff meeting and get their feedback. Are there things they are seeing and hearing from customers that need to be addressed?
- Hold a team meeting to share company goals. From time to time, it is great to step away from the day-to-day operations and look at the company holistically. It is also a great time to make sure you are on track with employee evaluations and reviews. Touching base with each employee to let them know how their performance is lining up with the goals of the company and their specific duties should be completed on an annual basis.
Finally, have a conversation with your Insurance Specialist. Our goal is to help our commercial clients run successful businesses. Checking in with your Insurance Broker on an annual basis is a great way to make sure your business is protected! If you have any questions regarding your business’ insurance coverage, reach out to us at 914-723-7100.