It’s Almost Spring! How to prepare your business for a brand new season
By: Denise Koslowsky
Spring is a great time for businesses to take a look at how they are doing business and get ready for a brand new season. We thought we would offer a few items to add to your to do list that may get your business ready for a season of growth!
A Checklist For Business Owners:
- Perform an audit on your operational procedures and systems. Do you have all the team members you need in place to keep your business running optimally? Is your email system running efficiently and safely? Is your technology up to date? Now is a great time to evaluate all of your operational systems and put plans in place to make any necessary adjustments, especially if your busy season is during Spring or Summer.
- Review your website and any social media you use for out of date information. In today’s digital age it is important for potential customers to be able to find the information they need, when they need it. It is a good idea to put some man hours in periodically to take a look at your digital profiles and make any necessary updates. Things to look at include:
- Any location adjustments
- Shifts to hours of business
- Outdated images (employees who are no longer with the company or images that are several years old should be replaced)
- Changes in any staff members listed as points of contacts
- Broken links or links that are no longer relevant
- Review your sales process. Have you noticed that you are getting leads but the conversion rate is lower than normal? It may be time to take a closer look at your sales process and see what improvements can be made so that your company is poised for growth.
- Check in with your team. Have a staff meeting and get their feedback. Are there things they are seeing and hearing from customers that need to be addressed?
- Hold a team meeting to share company goals. It is important to have your team on the same page as you. Often times we get so busy with the day to day operations that we lose sight of the vision of the company. Annual or semi-annual team meetings are a great way to keep everyone moving in the same direction.
Educating each client we serve is important to all of us at Advocate Brokerage. We want to help our commercial customers run successful businesses. We want to be an important part of your team so please, use our knowledge, if you have any questions regarding your business’ insurance coverage, reach out to us at 914-723-7100.