The Top 6 Reasons You Should Consider A Permanently Installed Generator
By: Denise Koslowsky
Since the pandemic, more and more families have multiple people working or going to school from their home. In this day and age, losing power could be more than a mere inconvenience. This is one of the many reasons your insurance Advocate thinks installing a Permanent Generator is a smart idea. Plus, with summer approaching and the very real threat of heat waves overwhelming the power grid and knocking out power ahead, now may be an opportune time to give a generator some very real consideration. Need some more convincing?
Below are our top 6 reasons to have a Generator Permanently Installed In Your Home.
- You’ll keep your pipes from bursting. A generator will keep your heat running which will prevent frozen pipes and save you from a leak that could cause thousands of dollars of damage to your home.
- You may qualify for a discount on your homeowner’s insurance.
- You’ll keep your basement or crawl space dry. If you use a sump pump to prevent water damage, a generator will keep it running in the event of a power outage.
- Your food won’t spoil. The entire contents of your refrigerator could be unsafe after as little as 4 hours without power.
- Your well pump and its filtration systems will continue to work. Which means running water will be available for consuming, cooking and bathing.
- Your heat will continue to run in the cold weather and your air conditioning will continue to run in dangerous heat.
If you want to learn more about a Permanent Generator or if you have any questions about a generator, you already have in your home, please don’t hesitate to give us a call!