The End Of First Quarter Is A Great Time For Some Business Spring Cleaning
By: Advocate Brokerage
As the first quarter comes to a close it’s a great time for businesses to do a little Spring cleaning. Taking the time to evaluate the progress you are making on the goals you set for yourself at the start of the year and then look to make any adjustments needed.
We’d like to offer you a few items to review with your team. Use them as a guide and as always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Thoughts For Business Owners:
- Talk to your staff, maybe schedule a meeting, and share any reoccurring concerns they are hearing from customers. Discuss a plan for addressing these concerns and set a timeline for finding resolution.
- It is a great time to review company goals. Make sure everyone on the team is on the same page working toward the overall success of the company!
- Is your technology up to date? Is your email system running efficiently? Evaluate your operational systems and discuss plans in place to make any adjustments.
- What about staffing? Do you have all the team members you need in place to keep your business running optimally?
- Are you continuing to pay for services you no longer need? Auto-renewing subscriptions are one area that businesses often overlook, continuing past the point that they are being utilized.
- Review your website and social media channels for any out-of-date information. Locations, hours of business, and key employees are items that may have changed over the last year and may need updating on your website and social media platforms.
- Make sure you are doing all you can to protect your company from a cyber-attack. Hire an IT firm if you don’t already have one in place, create a plan so that you don’t panic in the event of a breach in your cyber security, and make sure you are properly backing up your data. If you want more in-depth information on how to prevent a cyber-attack, you can head to our latest blog on the subject.
- Are you on track with employee evaluations and reviews? Touching base with each employee to let them know how their performance is lining up with the goals of the company and their specific duties should be completed on an annual basis. If you have not yet scheduled them, take the time to set up some appointments.
- Have a conversation with your Insurance Specialist. Checking in with your Insurance Broker is a great way to make sure your business is protected. Together we can discuss any changes that may have occurred since the last time we spoke and look to see what adjustments if any need to be made.
Our goal is to help our commercial clients have more time and better peace of mind so they can focus on running a successful business. If you have any questions regarding your business insurance coverage, reach out to us at 914-723-7100