Year Round Power – Our Top Reasons to Install a Permanent Generator
By: Advocate Brokerage
In this day and age, losing power could be more than a mere inconvenience. Many families have parents working from home alongside kids that are taking classes and completing assignments from their laptops. The continuous power we are used to is often interrupted in the aftermath of a tropical storm or nor’easter so installing a Permanent Generator is a very smart idea. If you are ready to give a generator some serious consideration, let us help you count the pros of having one installed in your home.
Our top pros to consider a Permanently Installed Generator:
- When the power goes out your sump pump will stop working. If you rely on a sump pump to keep your basement or crawl space dry, this puts you at risk for costly water damage.
- When you rely on well water, without electricity your well pump and its filtration systems will not be working. A generator will ensure that your family will have water available.
- During winter months a power outage could be more than an inconvenience. Without heat you will be unable to safely remain in your home. Extreme temperature could even cause a pipe to burst causing thousands of dollars of damage to your home.
- The entire contents of your refrigerator could be unsafe after as little as 4 hours without power. A generator will help keep your food from spoiling.
- If your home is the place you use to keep your electric vehicle or hybrid car charged, make sure it has continuous power so that you can use your car whenever you need to.
- A standby generator installed in your secondary home will help to protect it from power outage related emergencies and give you some peace of mind when you are not there.
- Most carriers offer discounts on your homeowner’s insurance when you have a permanent generator installed to protect your home from a power outage.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of generators and find out if having one installed will result in a discount on your homeowner’s insurance, please give us a call. We would be happy to speak with you!